As a Master Technician you will act as a consultant for diagnostic work, vehicle repairs, and procedures and provide leadership and direction to other members of the service department, as well as perform the specific duties of the position.
Reports to: Service Manager
Diagnoses and repairs vehicles accurately and within a reasonable time frame and with a quality of work that exceeds customer expectations.
Performs advanced remove and replace, and diagnostic work accurately according to daily work orders as received from any manager including:
- computerized carburetor overhaul;
- emission control devices;
- throttle body injection;
- electrical problems on computerized vehicles;
- conditions between computer, ignition, and mechanical problems;
- anti-lock brake systems;
- cruise control;
- all non-computerized accessories;
- drivability problems;
- import fuel injection;
- import ignition on computerized vehicles;
- auto transmissions;
- computerized A/C systems;
- four wheel drive internal components.
- Trains members of the service department thoroughly in various vehicle maintenance and repair responsibilities.
- Assists location managers with daily operation of the facility through pricing work orders, requisitioning parts, shop organization and supervision of other members of the service department.
- Operates acceptably and safely the following equipment: all SUN MCA functions including on-board computers; and all equipment required to perform the jobs of other members of the service department.
- Knows, understands and performs all duties of the Tire and Alignment and Technician jobs.
- Observes and follows all necessary safety regulations when operating machinery, equipment and tools.
- Purchases and maintains the tools necessary to perform the various duties of the job.
- Performs work of other members of the service department if business necessitates.
- Any other duties either necessary for customer service or perceived by or assigned to the job.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years minimum related experience
- ASE certifications
Minimum training required:
- Basic Services
- Automotive Air Conditioning
- Starting and Charging Systems
- GM Computer Command Control
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Computer Carburetion
- Wheel Alignment
- GM Electronic Fuel Injection
- Brake Systems
- Chrysler Engine Management Systems
- Engine Performance
- Ford Electronic Engine Controls IV
- Automotive Electricity/Electronics
- Import Fuel Injection
- Anti-Lock Brake Systems
Minimum ASE certifications required:
- Suspension and Steering
- Engine Repair
- Engine Performance
- Electrical Systems
- Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- Advanced automotive maintenance, remove and replacement knowledge and skills
- Advanced automotive diagnostics knowledge and skills.
Additional certification includes AC recovery/Recycle09)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a benefits program that features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid ASE Certification programs
- Advancement programs
- Medical, Dental and Life packages
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Profit Sharing and 401K
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- College Savings Plan
- Company-Paid Uniforms
- Employee Discounts
- Health Club Reimbursement
We are a drug-free environment, background check required and valid driver's license required.
Find a career, not just a job, at....Conrad's...